What you need to know about the Temporary Graduate Visa

Are you a recent international graduate from an Australian educational institution? Under 50 years old and have met the English requirement?
Then take a closer look at this visa with two streams
Graduate Work Stream -
The Graduate Work stream, usually granted for 18 months, is meant for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation that is in demand in the Australian labour market.
Post-Study Work Stream -
The Post-Study Work stream is catered to provide more options to eligible graduates of a higher education degree to working in Australia. Under this stream, successful applicants can be granted with a two to four year visa, dependent upon the highest educational qualification that they have obtained.
Have you fulfilled the ASR (Australian Study Requirement)?
The ASR comprises of 2 components. To meet this requirement, students must have:
  1. Either attained one qualification requiring at least two academic years study or multiple qualifications totalling at least two academic years of study; and
  2. Undertaken this study in no less than 16 calendar months.
What is the English requirement ?
  • You hold a valid passport from the UK, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and are a citizen of that country.
  • You have sat for the English test* and achieved an overall score to the equivalent of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test in the last 3 years.
How long do I have to apply for this visa?
Subclass 485 visa applications must be lodged within six months of the date of course completion.
*There are several different English tests that are accepted by the Department of Home Affairs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *